2M Research Services, LLC Completes Local Evaluation of East St. Louis Illinois School District #189 Safe Schools/Healthy Students Initiative
June 30, 2012
In August of 2007, the East St. Louis, Illinois School District #189 received a large Federal grant to implement a Safe Schools/Healthy Students Initiative. The SS/HS Initiative draws on the best practices of education, justice, social services, and mental health systems to provide integrated and comprehensive resources for prevention programs and pro-social services for youth. To apply for SS/HS, FY 2007 grantees and their partners proposed an integrated, comprehensive, community-wide, and community-specific plan to address the problems of school violence and alcohol and other drug abuse. This plan focused on five elements:
- Element 1: Safe school environments and violence prevention activities.
- Element 2: Alcohol and other drug prevention activities.
- Element 3: Student behavioral, social, and emotional supports.
- Element 4: Mental health services.
- Element 5: Early childhood social and emotional learning programs.
2M Research Services, LLC was selected as the local evaluator to conduct a comprehensive evaluation of the East St. Louis, Illinois District #189 Safe Schools/Healthy Students Initiative.